ASTAPLE is short for “Applied Security, Trust And Privacy Lab for Enterprise”. Established in 2015, our lab focuses on enabling techniques for security, trust and privacy protection for big data and data-centric tasks, such as collection, storage, query processing, knowledge discovery and machine learning.
Currently, our main research activities include:
- Adversarial machine learning
- Data privacy (with a focus on differential privacy)
- Security for Internet of Things and crowdsourcing systems
- Security for Fintech (with a focus on mobile payments)
- Graphs and social networks
- Mobile and spatial databases