ASTAPLE is short for “Applied Security, Trust And Privacy Lab @ Dept. of Electronic and Information Engineering”. Established in 2015, our lab focuses on enabling techniques for security, trust and privacy protection for big data and data-centric tasks, such as collection, storage, query processing, knowledge discovery and machine learning.
Currently, our main research activities include:
- Adversarial machine learning
- Data privacy (with a focus on differential privacy)
- Security for Internet of Things and crowdsourcing systems
- Security for Fintech (with a focus on mobile payments)
- Graphs and social networks
- Mobile and spatial databases